Our Vision and Mission
Who We Are
Public and private sector recycling professionals who serve the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
A powerful network of highly competent, well-educated recycling professionals who consistently ensure that all recyclable materials in the Pennsylvania waste stream are, in fact, optimally recycled.
What We Do
We connect, educate and inform our constituency as necessary to ensure they have the skills, knowledge and ability needed to realize our vision.
How We Do It
- Network – Create opportunities for our members to connect so they can share and explore ideas and information, and support each other in their recycling efforts.
- Educate – Provide the formal and informal learning opportunities needed to ensure our constituents have the appropriate skills, knowledge and abilities to fulfill their responsibilities as professional recyclers.
- Inform – Collect and curate the information our members need to stay abreast of the latest trends and most effective practices in recycling.
The following principles will help ensure PROP serves its mission and members first and reliably operates within its means.
- PROP will consistently keep an eye over the horizon and beyond Pennsylvania in order to stay at the leading edge of recycling policy, procedures and technology.
- PROP will rely on evidence-based decision-making in all its deliberations.
- Program development and implementation will always be clearly tied back to the mission.
- Programs and activities will be limited to those PROP can perform at a high level of quality.
- All programs will include sunset provisions which require periodic re-authorization.
- Programs will be designed to optimize accessibility for all PROP members.
- Offer an annual conference as well as workshops, tours and webinars throughout the state that help constituents connect with each other and stay abreast of the latest trends and most effective practices in recycling.
- Deliver a comprehensive certification program which provides a clearly-defined career track for those entering the profession and ensures those certified have the requisite skills needed to fulfill their responsibilities as professional recyclers.
- Develop and maintain a resource library which provides access to the information, tools and templates members need to fulfill their responsibilities as professional recyclers.
- Develop and maintain a network through which members can connect with each other to address immediate issues, identify and evaluate new opportunities, and collaborate on common projects and programs.
Ultimately, PROP needs to gain a significant market share within its core constituency (i.e. public and private sector recycling coordinators/managers). Achieving this goal requires that PROP a) fully identify the individuals who comprise this group, b) consistently deliver high value through the activities identified above, and c) actively engage every member of this group one or more times per year.
Click here to view our by-laws.